Yellow Brick Road Day Nursery is situated in the village of Metheringham, and offers full day care to children aged between six weeks and eleven years. We aim to offer a friendly, family orientated day care facility. This booklet aims to give you information on the day to day running of the nursery. A full parent information file containing the policies and procedures can be found in reception. There is also a parent’s notice board in reception where regular updates of information will be posted.
– Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
– Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
– Promote a positive relationship with parents, and work in partnership with them to provide high quality care for their children.
– Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community.
– Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
Before your child is left alone at, you are encouraged to come along for a cup of coffee and allow your child to play with the other children and to get to know the team. On the second visit we would like you to leave your child here for 30 minutes or so, just to get used to being alone.
Obviously, no charge is made for this. It is normal for children to be anxious at leaving their parents for the first time, but once your child has been in for a few sessions they usually become more settled.
YOUR CHILD’S DAY
We are open from 7.15am, and free play is encouraged in order for the other children to arrive. Throughout the day we will all sit at the table and have meals together. Meal times are set so that they are in harmony with that they would expect at home, as we like to keep the children in the same routine. After breakfast the children take part in an adult lead activity.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework, and as your child develops, a portfolio of their development will be created. All activities and routines are based around the children’s needs and implement all aspects of Every Child Matters, and Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. Key Learning Criteria is met through free play and organised activities, which will take place indoor, outdoor, or on an outing. If your child needs a sleep at any time during the day they will be allowed to do so.